Friday, March 13, 2020

Coronavirus-day 1 Friday. School cancelled for the next two weeks. Week one is Spring Break and week 2 is virtual online learning. I broke the news to the kids this morning. I thought they would be so excited, but they weren't!  They were so upset...saying "why? We don't want to! Why can't we just go to school". Apparently, getting to do homework with me for 7 hours everyday did NOT sound fun to them. Once I reassured them that as soon as they finished their assignments, they could just play the rest of the day, they all seemed to feel better. I told them some of you will finish your work in 2 hours and some will take 8 hours to finish. I'm sure they know who is who in that situation. Kids brought everything home from school as if it's the last day of school...not just 2 weeks at home. Schools closed at 5pm for the next two weeks so all teachers were rushing to get out of there. We all brought home so much of our classroom and cleaned off all desks and tables for the district to come and deep clean. All before school and after school activities have been cancelled until April 6th. So no choir or band or robots club. Greers soccer is cancelled and Emmett's swim and all of Max's clubs at school. We didn't hear much from the middle school. I guess they just communicate through the kids, but on the elementary, end we were doing lots of communication....getting computers and chargers out to all the students who will need it for the next two weeks. It was so surreal leaving the school not knowing when I would see all of these people again. Wondering if some might get the virus or die. Wondering if I won't see them again until summer?!?!
 Women in Colorado project.