Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I've been tagged! My mom's friend (and great blogger), Nikki, tagged me. I've been a little behind, so I'm just now getting to it, but it is supposed to be some reflections on 2007.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Sat on a potty, slept in a bed, wore underwear, sat in time-out
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? "Resolution" is not a word in my vocabulary yet. Perhaps my parents don't use it?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my mom
4. Did anyone close to you die? In Toy Story 2, Woody was pretty close to dying.
5. What countries did you visit? the South
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More privacy in the bathroom
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 24th, the day my world was invaded with a loud baby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I now know all the letters of the alphabet...upper and lower case! and I wear underwear.
9. What was your biggest failure? poking my brother in the eye.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I gave myself a new bruise every week-many of which, I have no idea how I got.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing because I don't have a job, so I'm not making any money...something my parents remind me of daily.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? probably mine for my sudden burst of kindness toward my brother. or my loving parents who are so awesome. yeah, that's it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My parents-for giving me a potty for Christmas and actually thinking I was going to like it.
14. Where did most of your money go? I have often heard this phrase around my house: "Down the drain?".
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? the Christmas Trees that were set up at Home Depot in October!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? "Tinkle, Tinkle Little Star"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier. I weigh a lot more, but somehow look skinnier...nice problem, huh? Poorer-each addition to this family seems to make us poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? appreciating my parents
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? pooped-my parents seemed to get a little tired of changing my diaper
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my AWESOME mom, dad, & brother
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? maybe with the thought of being a cowboy?
22. What was your favorite TV program? Max & Ruby
23. What was the best book you read? Goodnight moon.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Well, as a matter of fact, I did take up singing this year. I quite enjoy it at church, and often find myself to be the only one raising my hands at the same time.
25. What did you want and get? the list is endless. cars, balls, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog, underwear.
26. What did you want and not get? more bottom teeth
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Hello! Toy Story! That did come out this year right? Surely my parents wouldn't be putting out-of-date movies in for me to watch?!
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Dressed up like a cowboy, 2.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Definitely a dog-any dog.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I have definitely moved away from the "snap-up" pants.
31. What kept you sane? Knowing that whenever I wanted to play with a ball, there was always PLENTY lying around the house.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm going to have to go with Pablo from the Backyardigans
33. What political issue stirred you the most? I'm truly amazed that no one pays my mom a penny for all the hard work she does around this place all year long. Where's the justice in that?
34. Who did you miss? Buzz Lightyear (when I missplaced him)
35. Who was the best new person you met? it has to be Atticus
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. No matter what you say or do, a new baby cannot be returned to the hospital.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Oh where, Oh where has my little dog gone?"
This would be a picture of Max's forced smile because I promised him this would be the last picture if he would smile.
(from the Backyardigans cartoon. He also got Tyrone; although he is still holding out for Uniqua--pronounced "you-KNEE-qwuh"