Thursday, April 09, 2015

Max IV has always had a good vocabulary - just in the wrong places. For example, how would you use the word "technique"?-Well, this is how Max used it: There was a little boy at school who was unintentionally making fun of Emmett. The boy said Emmett was annoying him and he kept telling Emmett to stop and Emmett was ignoring him. Stop what?-the teacher asked. Stop moving his head -the boy said that Emmett wouldn't stop moving his head and it was annoying him. Obviously, that was very sad and very heartbreaking to hear. Emmett does it and has always done it. The good thing is now that we did his genetic testing, we know it truly is just the way God made him. So Emmett was able to tell that to the boy "that's the way God made me & I can't help it" -which is the truth. So we were talking about the story at dinner time and what happened and Max IV said to Emmett: That's right! That's
the way God made us! We all have different techniques and that is your technique. Sweet brothers:) Although I don't know if I would have used the word "technique". But that is Max's technique - using excellent vocabulary in all the wrong places. So I continued the conversation by saying yes you all have your own techniques. Max, you bite your nails. Atticus, you whisper your sentences after you say them it out loud to which he looked at me and said no I don't and then whispered no I don't yes they all have their own techniques