Monday, November 17, 2014

Big changes here.  We have prayed and prayed about this and do believe this is where God is leading us.  A job opened up at the boys school, and the principal approached me about applying.  I wasn't planning on going back to work until August when Greer would be in Kindergarten.  However, I could not pass up the rare opportunity to be able to work at the same school my kids attend.  Positions at their school do not come open very often.  The worst part about it (other than the fact that I'd much rather stay home every day) is that I have to put Greer in another preschool so she can be there all day.  This is very very very hard to do.  We will be dropping her off at her new school and then we all leave to go to our school and come back and get her when school is over.  I have cried and cried and am not sure it is the right thing.  Sending her off to another school for 8 hours a day is awful.  She doesn't want to go.  We don't want her to go, but I just keep telling myself it is only for 6 months.  Then, we'll all be at the same school together all day every day.  Plus, she'll be home with us for all the breaks and all summer.  This is a hard change, but I think it will all be worth it for next year.  To be able to work where my kids are everyday is a dream come true.  This is overwhelming and difficult.  I don't even know how I'm going to get everything done at home, but I'll come home with a paycheck and that is good.  One day at a time.  I know the Lord has gone ahead of us and already planned it out.


Greer's last day at her preschool.


Her first day at her new preschool.  She took a nap, and loves that part!