Thursday, January 23, 2014

Atticus

A few months ago Atticus had labs done because of recurring infections, & we got the results that he has the same immune deficiency that Emmett has. It is Selective IgA Deficiency. Part of the standard procedure with it is to see an allergist. So, last week we had his appointment & I told the dr. I couldn't think of anything he might be allergic to. Of course now that we got the results-it's all coming back to me...the handful of times he has broken out in hives...because he is allergic to cats & dogs. I had totally forgotten about our suspicions of that. So I told him the news today. "If you are around a cat or dog and start to get itchy, tell an adult do they can get you some Benadryl. And just take a break from playing with the dog or cat". He looked at me, so sad, and then his eyes filled up with tears. It was heartbreaking! My kids love dogs-and-just between you and me-we had tossed around the idea of getting a dog. Yep. It's true. But not now. Poor guy:(

Sent from my iPhone