Monday, December 11, 2006

"Tree!"

There seems to be a running theme in my life...scared. Or maybe the word could be apprehensive, nervous, or unsure. But whatever you want to call it, we now have another thing I'm afraid of...Christmas Trees. Although that is not so surprising since I'm scared of leaves and pumpkins, it only makes sense that I wouldn't like trees either. So, here I am desperately holding on to my dad's neck, about to have a major meltdown, because he is trying to make me touch the tree.
Well, after many many attempts. I finally touched the tree without crying. And now, I've come such a long way...that I LOVE the tree. That is my new word. I say "tree" all the time! And I mean all the time. We're talking in the middle of the night when I might wake up, or in the car the whole drive to church, or when I'm in the other room and can't see the tree anymore. And I don't even just say it anymore. No! I have to yell it over and over...even through the entire Children's Christmas Program at church. I'm getting the feeling my parents want me to be afraid of it again, but there is no going back.